If you can’t join the Korematsu Institute for our Fred Korematsu Day Celebration at UC Berkeley on January 30, please consider attending the following Fred Korematsu Day events around the state!
Aptos Fred Korematsu Day event
- Date and Time: Sunday, January 23, 2011
- Program features keynote speaker Dale Minami, Asian Law Caucus co-founder and lead attorney in Fred Korematsu’s case. Kathryn and Karen Korematsu also in attendance.
- Hosted by the Watsonville-Santa Cruz chapter of the Japanese American Citizens League.
- Date and time: Sunday January 30, 2011, 1:00-4:00pm
- Location: San Diego State University Room ENS 280
- Program: 1) Film screening: Of Civil Wrongs and Rights: the Fred Korematsu Day Story 2) Panel: James F. Stiven, US Magistrate Judge (Ret.), Joyce Temporal, office of Assemblymember Marty Block, Susan Hasegawa, history professor, San Diego City College, Edward Heck, political science professor, San Diego State University. Moderated by Erika Hiramatsu, Deputy Attorney General
- Sponsored by the San Diego chapter of the Japanese American Citizens League, San Diego State Nikkei Student Union, the Japanese American Historical Society of San Diego and the ACLU of San Diego and Imperial Counties
- RSVP by January 28 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Map and other info: JACLSanDiego.org
UC Hastings Fred Korematsu Day event
- Date and time: Monday January 31, 3:30-6:00pm
- Location: UC Hastings Louis B. Mayer Lounge, 198 McAllister Street, 1st Floor, San Francisco
- Program: Keynote speaker Judge Dennis Hayashi. Other speakers include UC Hastings Professor Miye Goishi and UC Hastings Dean Frank Wu
- RSVP: email@example.com
UC Davis Fred Korematsu Day event
- Date and time: Wednesday, February 2 12:10-1:00pm
- Location: UC Davis School of Law, King Hall
- Sponsored by the UC Davis Law Asian Pacific American Law Student Association
- Program: featuring a talk by Karen Korematsu